Sunday, January 20, 2008

Our Rides!

My Lolo Daddy, Tita Myla and Tito Nick have really cool rides. Lolo Daddy has a Toyota Innova. It's red and it's big. It can hold about 10 people. Tita Myla has a silver Toyota Altis. Tito Nick has a brown Mitsubishi. I know I've seen Tito Nick's car in the U.S. but the Innova and the Altis, I've only seen them in the Philippines.

Toyota Innova

That red car you see is the Innova. It may not be the fastest car but it's a very good family car.


Toyota Altis

Tita Myla owns that silver Altis. It gets cold in there quickly!

Mitsubishi

My Uncle Nick has a brown Mitsubishi. Inside it is very comfy. The car has this awesome blue light inside that seems to grab my attention a lot.

Tricycle -- The best ride!

The tricycle is one of my favorite vehicles. It's really a motorcycle with an attached side car. Whenever we go somewhere in the subdivision I ask Lolo Daddy to not bring the car and instead take a tricycle. LA's mom and dad own a tricycle so she's lucky!

Here is a picture of one I rode on. Don't see these in the U.S., do you?


Here, Lolo Daddy is paying the driver for the fare.


Now you can see me. I'm holding a Jollibee bag because that's where we went.


I really want to ride one again. Since I like them, maybe I could be a tricycle driver when I grow up!


Jeepneys

I have seen several of these on the road every time we go out. But I have not been in one ever. I really wish someone could have gone out with me and let me ride in one of these. They looked really cool and you won't see one in the U.S.

According to Wikipedia ...

Jeepneys are a popular means of public transportation in the Philippines. They were originally made from US military jeeps left over from World War II and are well known for their flamboyant decoration and crowded seating. They have also become a symbol of Philippine culture.

Here is the front of a jeepney. Looks big huh? Looking at it kind of gives me the heebie-jeebies.

All of those designs are awesome looking! It looks like they just splattered paint all over the vehicle.


This one is driving somewhere. I wonder where?


This one is driving past my favorite fast food restaurant, Jollibee.


My dad said MTV is not the original in pimping rides. He said Filipinos did as you can see on our tricycles and jeepneys. I know he was just kidding but I think he is right.

No comments: