Friday, October 31, 2008

I Went To New York

Passport Renewal

On Thursday, I went to Philippine Consulate General in New York with my sister and my mom to renew my passport because it already expired. It was an uncomfortable wait in the bus. The seat was painful and I felt so cramped. We went to take our passport photos 3 blocks from Port Authority Bus Terminal and then we walked another block until we arrived at the Philippine Embassy to renew my passport. It was a special kind of passport because it is machine readable. We also had to make a personal appearance because they had to do thumb prints. We went to the 3rd floor, took a number and waited for our turn. While waiting, I started doing the jeopardy theme song in my head until it was our turn. It wasn't long before we were up. Then we went to the basement and this guy encoded the new information then did thumb prints for all of us.

Philippine Consulate General in New York

After that crazy process was finally over, we took a trip to Nintendo World, the home to all things Nintendo. We walked a couple blocks to get there. My feet were in pain but I didn't care. It had MANY games inside and thankfully, my mom bought me Guitar Hero On Tour.

Inside the bag is my new Guitar Hero On Tour

A weird thing I noticed during our trip to New York was that there were more Yankees fans than Mets fans. I saw lots of people wearing Yankees hats. After that, we argued about where to eat. My sister and my mom wanted to go to a fancy restaurant but I wanted McDonald's because I was tired and it was closer to our location. My mom felt sorry for me so we settled for McDonald's. Yes! McDonald's. I had a Big Mac, fries, and a Coke. My sister and my mom both had a cheeseburger, fries and Coke. Man it was good! Following our chow time, we went to the St. Patrick Cathedral. We offered some prayers, took pictures, and lit some candles. Lighting the candle was surprisingly fun!

Inside the cathedral

Outside the cathedral

After that, we went to H&M 5th Avenue and my sister bought a navy blue pea coat. I was really tired from walking but my sister and my mom still wanted to shop so to make me happy, they brought me to Toys R Us. My mom bought me another video game--Tony Hawk's Proving Ground. The Toys R Us at New York was huge! The one at King of Prussia is nowhere near as big as it. We started walking around until it was almost time to leave.

5th Avenue

Times Square

Jonas Bros ad for Dani :)

As we headed to the Port Authority Bus Terminal, we stopped by Starbucks. I bought a double chocolaty chip frappuccino and my sister bought a signature hot chocolate. Even if it was chilly outside, I still wanted something cold. And believe me, the frappuccino was amazing! Then we went home on the uncomfortable bus and like before, I felt so cramped. It was like being in a small box! When our dad drove us home from the place we were dropped off, I showed my dad the games I bought. It was a good time going to New York. My feet were killing me but other than that, I loved it.

Guitar Hero On Tour

One of the games I got was the famous DS game Guitar Hero On Tour. Just like it's big brothers Guitar Hero 1,2, and 3, it's about playing the guitar. My friend Alex says that this game rocks. I hope it's true. I can't wait to try it. The sad thing is, you can't customize your rockstar like the other Guitar Hero games.

The makers of Guitar Hero are going to release the sequel to Guitar Hero On Tour on November 16, 2008. It's called Guitar Hero On Tour Decades. I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground

The other game I bought was Tony Hawk's Proving Ground. Here, you create your own skater and build his career from scratch. You get help from many skillful skaters like Bam Marjera, Vanessa Torres, Ryan Sheckler, and Tony Hawk. My skater is Jade Hawk. He is Tony's little brother. This may sound weird but my guy is better than Tony. All of Jade's stats are higher than Tony's. So far, my favorite location to skate is Philadelphia. Plenty of ramps, grind rails, and people to knock down. My favorite combo is the backflip+frontflip combo. My favorite trick is the Darkslide. I'm so happy I got this over Spore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome blog! you're an awesome kid.